And consider, just for a second if you had a magic wand to create what you truly wish for, we have no doubt your own business would be led by an inspiring, challenging, committed, enthusiastic senior leadership team forming a robust customer-centric culture and delivering superior performance in its purpose and identity. So, if that is our mabition where does it start?
The Essential Triad
To develop the triad of Leadership, Culture and Purpose requires a curious and challenging mindset determined to do things better. COVID has slowed down the pace of change, and many organisations need to counter the decline of their business with a fresh viewpoint.
Take A Good Look in The Mirror
What's it like to transact business with your organisation? As a customer or user, is it a fun and stimulating experience that delivers added value or a bureaucratic nightmare that leaves you with the lingering doubt that this could be so much better if someone cared?
It all starts by reflecting on current performance and the most prevalent behaviours at the top two levels. Organisations go into decline like a fish rots, from the head down. Don't expect outstanding leadership behaviours at the bottom if they are not visible and modelled as desirable behaviour at the top.
No matter in the sector in which we work, massive change is taking place. Is your organisation ready for the changes, and how keen are you to implement them on a scale of 1-10?
Undertake a Diagnostic of your Business in the Marketplace
Review how resilient your organisation is to master that change and be prepared to take action to make it happen.
- Is your purpose still relevant to your market? Does your business identity stand as a lead or lag player in the organisational change game?
- Where are you most vulnerable in your business and operations?
- Do you have an integrated strategy to unite and integrate all functions and operations? Is everyone on the same page?
- Do you have a credible Leadership strategy ready to build a Positive Culture?
- Can you differentiate between solid and positive Leadership that transforms your business and distinguishes it from the mediocre?
- Have you the best staff you possibly could recruit? What action are you taking to protect the high achievers from moving on and the deadwood from staying?
- What're the worst things your competition could do to you and have you taken steps to counter it?
What to do about Leadership?
It drives everything – without it, you don't get any change at all or not the type you need to take you to the next level. Commit to a review and ask yourself how well the interplay between Leadership, Culture and Purpose is playing out for you.
Assess your strengths and limitations and act on building and investing in Leadership (because Leadership drives everything), and ensure you develop a Leadership culture to share the broader and deeper purpose and align your staff with your customers.
If you want to find out more about our diagnostics, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org